Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The difference we can make

Ever wonder if you make a difference in the lives of others? Unfortunately, I think a lot of us wrongly conclude that if we do, it's not much. But let me beg to differ with you. I think we can make a lot of difference in other people's lives. The reason I know we can, is because of the profound influence others have on me.
I walked into the Chocolate Shoppe today to buy some cookies for a class I am teaching tonight. When I did I was greeted by Pat Pitcher. She and her husband, Ken, own and operate this incredible business and are members here at Brushy Creek.
She was up to her ears in customers, but you would have thought the President had just walked in. She and her husband Ken, both, always have the kindest, most appreciative things to say. She made me feel like a million bucks! And before I left she said, "Wait a minute, before you leave" and came around the counter and gave me a big hug. I got to say that part of me was a little embarrassed by all the attention I received, but man did she lift my spirit. Being loved and appreciated sure feels good. It does to me, and it does to everybody else as well.
The things you say to people, the way you treat them, greet them, smile at them, help them, serve them - it makes a huge difference in people's lives.
What Pat did for me today, I want to do for someone else!